Postdoctoral Fellow in Ecological Modelling, Canberra, Australia
- Excellent opportunity to work in a leading scientific institution with dedicated professionals
- Outstanding career development opportunity with targeted advancement plan
- Build your research career at CSIRO - World-class science, world-class connections!
CSIRO is seeking to appoint a Post-Doctoral Fellow in ecological modelling, to contribute to the development of models that predict change in ecosystems as a result of changes in water availability, as one driver. The successful applicant will have a role in the development of models for quantifying ecological function in water dependent ecosystems and/or in population modelling, with a focus on progressing modelling changes to primary production, and follow-on effects on secondary production, as a result of alternative water regimes.
Specifically you will:
- develop, and where possible validate, ecological models for modelling change in ecosystems as a response to changes in water availability;
- contribute to a broader team of ecologists, river system modellers and software developers; and
- publish findings in peer reviewed journals
Location: Canberra, ACT
Salary: $75K - $82K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 year term
Ref No.: ACT03175
To be considered you will hold a PhD relevant discipline, such as environmental, mathematical or biological science (or soon to complete one) and have:
- knowledge of the theoretical concepts underpinning knowledge of wetland, floodplain and riverine systems; and
- strong analytical skills, with experience in coding and spatial analysis.
Owing to terms of the fellowship, candidates must not have more than 3 years of relevant Postdoctoral experience.
Australia is founding its future on science and innovation. Its national science agency, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), is a powerhouse of ideas, technologies and skills for building prosperity, growth, health and sustainability. It serves governments, industries, business and communities.
Click on the link below for the full position description and selection criteria.
How to apply:
- If you have NOT registered with our Online Application System, you can begin your Application by clicking the 'Begin' button.
- If you are unsure if you have registered before, click here and follow the steps.
- FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN DETAILS? click here and follow the steps.
- If you want to preview the Application form prior to logging in,click here
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for - Internet Explorer 7.0 (or later browser versions), Safari, Firefox 3 (or later browser versions) and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any of the browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.